Installing a WordPress theme can be accomplished two ways. You can either upload the zipped theme file using the built in WordPress theme upload or copy the files through an FTP client.
The zip archive from the members area has to be extracted and the folder will contain the “theme.zip” file along with resources such as the PSD files.
WordPress Theme Upload
- Locate to Appearance > Themes in your WordPress Admin.
- Click the “Upload” link and then click the file field to select a file.
- Select the zipped theme file and click “Install Now”.
- After installation you will receive a success message confirming your new install.
- Click the link “Activate”.
Uploading via FTP
- Login to your web host via a FTP client and navigate to your WordPress themes directory. Normally this would be “wp-content/themes”.
- Extract the theme zip file so you will be left with the folder.
- Upload the folder to your themes directory.
- After the files have finished uploading, login to your WordPress admin.
- Locate to Appearance > Themes.
- Click “Activate” for the theme that was uploaded.